Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reading in wrong file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wings

Programmer
Feb 14, 2002
US
Hi,
When building in visual studio 2005, there are multiple instances of winuser.h on the machine. I need it to read one instance for a windows CE build but it defaults to the version in the visualstudio/platform/sdk. how do I change it? Please note this is not a path I have added in my project settings, it needs to be changed else where.

So you want to do something like this?

In some files
Code:
// file1.cpp
#include <winuser.h>  // for CE

and in other files
Code:
// file2.cpp
#include <winuser.h>  // for win32

Which system are you planning to run the resultant executable on?

--
If you dance barefoot on the broken glass of undefined behaviour, you've got to expect the occasional cut.

Thanks for the response.
My issue is that I have the application running fine, but when I check it into and then pull it down from our source control system the version of winuser.h it points to is incorrect. I need to know where visual studio sets these paths. I am going to run the end resut on windows ce.

I guess the question is: How does windows decide what version of Winuser.h to use when I dont specify the path myself anywhere?

If you open a command prompt, and type 'set', do you see INCLUDE and LIB amongst the list of environment names?
Code:
> set
ALLUSERSPROFILE=C:\ProgramData
PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.MSC
PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=x86
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=x86 Family 15 Model 104 Stepping 1, AuthenticAMD
PROCESSOR_LEVEL=15
PROCESSOR_REVISION=6801

If you go to the root (or root\bin) directory of each of the installed compilers, do you see something like "VCVARS.BAT" ?
Just search for .BAT files, then look at those which may suggest 'vars'.

--
If you dance barefoot on the broken glass of undefined behaviour, you've got to expect the occasional cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back