Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

reading btrieve 6.15 files

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReluctantDBA

Programmer
Mar 11, 2002
US
Hi,

Each month I get a btrieve 6.15 database files on a CD (the included software is AWFUL.) I downloaded the trial version of pervasive SQL 2000i and created an ODBC connection (after copying the files to the hard drive). The problem is 12 of the 55 tables can not be read (the tables with problems vary from CD to CD, but every one has problems). An ODBC link or ODBC import into Access, SQL server, or mySQL fails on these 12 tables. Using the Pervasive.SQL Control Center, checking the Properties says their are records, but trying to look at the files with an Open (runs a query “select * from <tablename >”) gives the following message

“SQL statement(script) has executed successfully.
0 row(s) were affected.”

And it shows no data

BUTIL will save a file, but the number data is in binary. This would involve writing 55 translators, a tedious task I hope to avoid. I tried using save, recovery and copy options to create new tables, but they have the same problems as the originals.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back