Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reading and Checking Bitmaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbro

Programmer
Nov 12, 2004
US
Hi,

The company I work for has recently started a project in which we have to mosaic thousands of BMPs together to form a series of larger combined images.

Part of the pre-check process for the images is to ensure that the they do not contain any holes (areas in which there is no data) and this procedure is currently done by visual inspection.

I know that if the image was in another format (like a raster grid) I could very easily write a routine to read in image after image and automatically identify the ones which had holes without user input. However I don't have much (if any) experience with reading in BMPs through VB and trying to do the same thing.

Can anyone give me some advice or point me in the direction of sample code for opening BMPs and looking for specific characteristics of the data. This would be a great help if it is indeed possible.

Cheers,
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back