Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Read username of a certificate in a windows app made with vb.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junior1544

Technical User
Apr 20, 2001
US
I've been tasked with making a VB.Net application using Visuel Studio that can read a digital certificate of the user and then pull out the person's name from it...

Is this possable, and if so, would you be able to point me in the right direction to get going??

I'm not a good programmer, I've just done some database work and a little vb.net, nothing on this scope...

Thanks
--James

Here is a page where you will find some useful stuff to read + examples for each. The main page is:
You should check the following:
1. 2.
Note that at the bottom of each page there is a link where you will find a dll to download.

Well, that's by me, perhaps someone here will know a better way to deal with certificates, but i did not manage to find a class in vs.net

That looks like it just verify's the the encryption certs are valid and usable to encrypt... I'm looking for a way to pull identity information from a certificate... The user computer will have both email, and an identity certificate on the computer...

--James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back