Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Read Only on open 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZOR

Technical User
Jan 30, 2002
GB
I have a complaint from someone that on some PC's the same application opens with a message saying the program is read only. It still allows them to add records etc. Using Windows XP. Any clues?.

Do you have db split into frontend / backend ?

Do (all) users have full permissions (read/write/create) in the folder where the mdb file(s) reside?

Regards

Ken Reay
Freelance Solutions Developer
Boldon Information Systems Ltd
Website needs upgrading, but for now - UK

I had a similar sounding problem recently which was solved by getting the users to open the database the long-winded way e.g. through File|Open.

The Open button on the Open dialog box has a drop-down arrow giving various options. Using the Open option (rather than Open Read Only or Open Exclusive) seemed to fix it for us.

They only had to do this once and the database now opens properly.

Many thanks both. I have suggested it might be permissions, and taken note of the file/open process as another suggestion. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back