Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Read only .ACCDB

Status
Not open for further replies.

lameid

Programmer
Jan 31, 2001
US
I have a Read only ACCDB on a network share. It is multiuser and I am running out of ideas.

First the only novel thing I know that has been done is to compact it in Access from a machine with Office 365 where most machines are running access 2016. This is new to me so if someone can confirm this is not an issue, that would be excellent.

I checked the file with Attrib via command line. Only attribute is A for archive.

Best I understand all users have the same file permissions to the file and folder...

I don't think you can set access to open exclusive mode.

It is a backend. I don't think anything else would be at work? Only non table objects in it are queries.

Stumped. Any Insights or kitchen sink thoughts?

Seems to have resolved with everyone out not sure what happened... Does not seem to be Office 365 / 2016... Not sure I understand 365 versioning would be 2019 I think now. In case you are wondering, I don't like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back