Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Read Mail Items Appear as Unread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hilbertl3

Technical User
Sep 22, 2004
US
I am trying to retrieve the unread status of a mailitem by referencing the unread property of a mailitem object. However, the status of the mailitem seems to vary by user i.e. if I open an item in a public folder, it appears on my screen as read and the unread propery returns False but for a different user the same public mailitem appears as unread and the unread property returns True. Is there property that stores the true read/unread property of the mailitem, or at least allows a programmer to derive it?

Thanks,

hilbertl

This is a user setting. Under Tools > Options > Other tab, click on "Preview Pane" to see the options available for marking items as read. Off the top of my head I don't know how - or even if - this is accessible via VBA.

Enjoy,
Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.

Professional Office Developers Association

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back