Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Read from file, and insert into a label

Status
Not open for further replies.

joecoolish

Programmer
Jan 26, 2005
US
I'm working on this web project for my work, and I have to set up different UIs for different groups of people. I'm normally a PHP developer, but we needed to do this one based on NT loggin. So, i'm moving over to ASP.net and C#. Now, I'm away from my desk, and away from VS.NET, but i was wondering, i already can get to the ntid, and I've already been able to query a SQLdb and find out which group it belongs to, but now I was wondering, if I made a whole bunch of html files with all the different UIs in them, how would I go about "reading" them and say. . . put all their HTML code in a blank label? Is there a better way? I'm just so use to smarty with PHP, that that's how I like to function. . .

Well, thanks in advance!

The official way to go is, render XML and just setup differnt XSLT's for every group, but I assume this is not what you wanted to hear. ;)

You could look into subclassing an ASP page into separate ASP pages for each group.

And then silence smacks right in there...
... And it is loud!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back