Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Read Fault Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2002
SG
I have this hard disk and really want to retrieve it I have this error.. "Read Fault Error Abor,Retry Fail". Please Help I really need to retireve the files on it ..

Your drive most likely has a bad sector. Find the name of the drive, download a repair tool fromn the manufacturer and try again. I don't know when you're getting the error but if it doesn't boot then either hook it up as a second drive or reinstall OS.

Buck

Thanks .. Im on my way...
The HardDisk Is Maxtor and the Solution is the PowerMax.

I Just can understand what they are writing .. on the
"CAUTION: The Write Disk Pack option will cause all DATA inlcuding partitions, folders, directories, files, file tables, dynamic drive overlays and boot record information to be permanently erased and lost! - Please backup your drive before running this utility."

How can I backup my data if I can't read it...
Can you help me understand the proc.

Thanks

Should be another option. Like nondestructive test.
And one other choice used to be to upgrade a bootable floppy so it could access a drive overlay hard disk.
If you HD is accessed thru a drive overlay program you will need an overlay equipped floppy to gain access. Ed Fair
unixstuff@juno.com
Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply. Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back