Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Read Failure using Terminal Server SysReps.DBF file...

Status
Not open for further replies.

scan2k

MIS
Apr 1, 2003
US
Hello,
I'm hoping someone can help out with the below error message. I am able to login to Goldmine but when I go to click on the REPORTS button or run reports from the File menu I receive the below error. I was able to see which user(s) have the SysReps.DBF file open and ask them to exit then the problem goes away. Also, Goldmine is being run using a Terminal Server environment. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Using Goldmine vers. 5.7

Thanks....
scan2k

Error msg starts here......................

------------------------------------------------
Read failure.

Context: open
\\smgldmns\gmapps\goldmine\Reports\SysReps
1: File: \\smgldmns\gmapps\goldmine\Reports\SysReps.DBF

BDE Error Cat:Code: [36:1]
BDE: 500 [4/11/1999] GoldMine: 5.70.20404

User: SMAYERS
Window: CARPENTER TECHNOLOGY
Contact|Title|Reference|Phone

Template: CBError
Details:
FILENAME: \\smgldmns\gmapps\goldmine\Reports\SysReps.DBF
------------------------------------------------------

Is this consistently reproducible? If so, I'd try simple db maintenance on the reports files. If that fails, try updating your GoldMine build to the last 5.7 build (.30503) and see if the problem persists. If it does, it may be that your machine is overloaded with users or is stretching it's bandwidth to the maximum? Is the anti-virus software set to overdrive and may be locking this file for overly long periods??

Doug Castell
Computer Control Corp
(310)396-6811

I am using GM 6.5 in a W2k environment with Citrix 1.8 and I occasionally get the same error. It can happen with 2 or 10 Citrix users logged in. I have adequate resources and have all the latest patches. I have had the error happen without having any anti-virus process running.

Just a glitch with the virtual registry on the Citrix server maybe. That could be one reason Front Range doesn't support the above scenario.

It has been nearly a year since the last post. I have upgraded the Citrix server to Metaframe XP since that time. The read failure error has not stopped. I believe it has to do with an untimely disconnection and the program portion that is in the virtual registry of the user who is affected gets corrupted and cannot be restored.

I have seen docs for different programs listing a procedure to create seperate folders for each Citrix user with a temp folder inside that contains a copy of the program files. There are many other steps involving login scripts, etc... to make this fly. Does this seem like a reasonable approach for the read failure problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back