Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Read Failure in Citrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

techchimp

IS-IT--Management
May 23, 2003
US
I am the Net. admin for a company that uses GM 5.5 on CItrix Metaframe 1.8 on a W2k SP3 server. GM is installed on a seperate App. server(W2k SP3). Some of our Citrix users have received the following error when trying to access GM and the only way to clear it is by terminating all GM sessions active on the Citrix server. This has no effect on the local LAN users who access the same App server that runs GM. The local LAN users do not receive this error.

Read failure.

Context: open
\\Raymar3\goldmine\goldmine\GMBase\LookUp

1: File: \\Raymar3\goldmine\goldmine\GMBase\LookUp.DBF

BDE Error Cat:Code: [36:1]
BDE: 500 [21/6/1999] GoldMine: 5.50.10424

User: GMCKEE
Window: &Cancel

Template: 7169
Details:
FILENAME: \\Raymar3\goldmine\goldmine\GMBase\LookUp.DBF

This error usually ties in to the Lookup.db* file, but I have seen it with other .db* files listed in the error.

Sometimes, this error appears when trying to view GM logs with the Syslog.db* file listed. I have rebuilt ind. files and complete contact Db's numerous times, but this problem only exists for CItrix users, so I believe it is exclusively a problem of the Citrix server.

Please advise if you have any ideas -- ANY ideas. I am open to them all.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back