Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Read data of file .cer and file .key

Status
Not open for further replies.

lokper

Programmer
Apr 14, 2010
MX
Hi,

I need read information of files .cer and .key but i don´t know how to do.

How can i read information of this files?

Please help me.

Hi!

I have no idea is this is related to Clarion but if you want to read a BINARY file, you have to use the DOS driver to read the contents of the file. I have no idea of the layout of CER/KEY files though.

Regards

the file .cer and .key are files to electronic billing in Mexico. I need read this files but i don't know how.

Hi!

So, do you know the data structure of these files? How are they delimited i.e. what are the column and row separators?

If they have column & row delimiters/separators you can use the BASIC driver OR if they are plain ASCII files you can use the ASCII driver OR the DOS driver should be good to read anything.

Regards

Shankar,

These are digital certificate files. SSL/RSA stuff.

Lokper, you'll have to resort to some library, like OpenSSL. You can always buy some black boxed DLL and call its functions.

As a start, I suggest you get a look at Putty source, which is also open. C stuff, though.

Gustavo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back