Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

read and write file from Access mdb using C programming..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negneg

Programmer
Dec 29, 2010
Hi everyone,

I am going to read and write files in Access database using C programming..is there anyone out here to help me with that?!!
I am trying to use fopen(),fread() and fwrite() functions but to read and write from database I am not sure what argument I should use in these functions!!!

kindly help me if you know!!and also let me know if further information is needed...
thank you so much

Unfortunately, you cannot just read and write to an access database file like any other file. If you try to do any writing to it, odds are you will wind up corrupting the file. If you are familiar with COM programming, you can use ADODB or DAO libraries to gain access to the DB.

Alternatively, use the ODBC interface. Just go into Visual Studio help and type ODBC - tells you how to do the various bits using SQL.

thank you so much...your comment was so helpful :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back