Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reached end of medium ? (data restore) ...URGENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinga

Technical User
Sep 24, 2001
LT
i'm getting the following message, " Reached end of medium.if you want to go on type device/file name when ready" when i'm doing a data restore eventhough ALL the data on the tape would not have been restored.WHAT IS WRONG, and what can i do to solve this.pliz HELP, im living dangerously if any corruption is to happen and i need to restore!

What OS ver? What backup method? Could you have told the backup to append to the end of the tape?
Yes, you are living dangerously. Ed Fair
unixstuff@juno.com
Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply. Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

thanks edfair, for the quick response, i'm using SCO OpenServer release 5. i'm using " cpio -ovcBdum " to backup.im not specifying to append to the end pf the tape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back