Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Re: xioc3270tn emulator..HELP...!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

slajoh01

Technical User
Apr 2, 2006
HU
Yesterday I went to my bank clerk and she had this TN3270 called the xioc3270tn on her Windows 2000 workstation. And at the bottom of the emulator it said: "CWS/230/zos"

I emailed her and asked her if how she had opened it up and she said she replied and wrote back this:
"MY BROWSER HAS A LINK AND IT LAUNCHES UP WORKSTATION. I BELIEVE THIS
IS AN INTERNAL INTRANET;"

But I dont understand on how the UNIX part comes into play. Because I thought that the xioc3270tn is only for UNIX workstations. Now..Is she running the X-Direct software or the WinDirect software emulator? I spoke with the I/O Concepts team and they emailed me a manual or a guide. But the X-Direct software emulator is only for UNIX workstations and she was running Windows 2000 workstation. Where does the UNIX part come into play on this? Or, is my banl clerk running the Win Direct emualator instead? So how come it said at the top " xioc3270tn "??

And what does CWS/230/zos mean?

Please help...Thanks.

Can someone have some insight to this please? I would appreciate it. Thanks

Sounds like she has a shortcut on her desktop to a 3270 emulator connecting to a Z/OS Unix server.

I dont think so. Because have you read her email reply to me? She has a link within her browser or something...Can you explain this for me on how she open this xioc3270tn up on her Win2000 workstation?

I dont understand how the UNIX plays a roll on this when shes using Win2000 workstation...Please explain a bit more on detailed please.

And what does the CWS/230/zos mean in the emulator?

thanks

I had visited my financial banker and she was nice enough to print me a copy of this screen print-out (which does not contain any confendential info) on it.

But, I still confused regarding the xioc3270tn emulator as shown on the screenshot in the above link.

If you go to I/O Concepts to there downloads page, the xioc3270tn (also is called the X-Direct Emulator) is installed only on UNIX systems. Well, this was ran under a Win2000 workstation and she stated that the bank has their own browser-based application which has a link in it and thats that launches up.

Also, what application is behind the xioc3270tn emulator itself?

Thanks

It definitely looks like it's running on an X desktop. They probably have a Java client for VNC or something like that which they access using a web browser.

Annihilannic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back