Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Re-using variables with 'Next' buttons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

anything

Programmer
Aug 14, 2001
GB
Hi,

I've got a search page by which users can specify as many search options as they want. The value they enter into each option is added to a variable which is then used in a CFQUERY. The next page displays the results to the user. The problem I'm having is that if there are more than a certain number of records, the results will be split over a number of pages. However, when I click on the 'Next' button, the variable is lost, returning all results for that user. I have tried appending this variable to the form action which contains the next button, as well as using a hidden field in the form. In the debug I can see that the variable is being submitted, but not being used. How can I get use this variable over a number of pages?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Priya

Priya,

I've done this before and used a hidden form field. Try using debugging to see if the form field is being passed with a value...

Post your code so I see whats going on here.

This worked Great:
thread232-83957

See Calista's post at the bottom DeZiner
Never be afraid to try something new.
Remember that amateurs built the Ark.
Professionals built the Titanic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back