Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Re:thread703-58559- All boxes on a line in a report the same height

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikj01

Technical User
May 31, 2001
CA
The above thread solved my formatting problem, but ( there is always a but:-I)Ihave spaces between some of the lines/ boxes, they seem to be random, which of course makes this all the more difficult to diagnose/solve.
Any thoughts or solutions with regard to this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Hmmmmmmmm,

Not really an answer to your question. The "Arrangement" of placing grid lines on your report is (i'm guessing) just to make the report more readable by seperating the records (And Fields?). I, personally, think this is easier (and a more 'professionsl' resulting appearence) accomplished by shading the alternate records. This is EASILY accomplished by just including a simple counter and toggling the background color of the (detail) report section from "white" to a light grey at whatever interval you choose (for alternate records, use white for even #records and the lt grey for the odd # ones). Again, I personally) think the ;ines (Including the Vertical ones) are just visual clutter, however if you really want then use the technique in the post you referenced. Jus be SURE the lines are all the same height and are aligned with the TOP of the detail section and are the same height as the detail section.

MichaelRed
mred@att.net

There is never time to do it right but there is always time to do it over

Thanks Michael

Yes I have done all that, as to the shading suggestion it is a good one, but The client is always right :) and they want lines. I suspect that there is a slight separation, between the rows, generated as the report formats, that just builds until it becomes visble, but alas I don't think there is a way to stop it.:-I

Mike

Unless things in the "Lines" department have changed in the last few jobs, they CAN be made to seamlessly meet. It is NOT easy to do in "Design Mode", and can be tedious even doing it programatically, but it CAN be done. I did some reporting stuff for a bank which went WAY to many pages with the vertical lines and the record shading, with out ANY problems in the lines appearing to be seamless. IF memory serves, I did not use the EXACT soloution posted, but it was pretty close.

MichaelRed
mred@att.net

There is never time to do it right but there is always time to do it over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back