Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RE: suppress label when exporting while exporting to excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

allyne

MIS
Feb 9, 2001
US
Hello,

Is there a way to suppress a label when exporting to excel. I have a group header label that I don't want to export when exporting to excel.

Thanks for your help!

You have the option of not showing page headers upon export--it is one of the options in the export screen when you select a regular Excel export.

To suppress a group header only upon export I think you would have to create a parameter that checks whether the plan is to export and then you can use the parameter to conditionally suppress the group header.

-LB

Hi LB,

Thanks for the quick response! I'm looking for a way to just suppress one label in the group header without using a parameter. The report will need to export to excel using Data-Only and either Typical or Minimal exporting format. Any thought?

Thanks!

You need to convey your intent to the report in some way. If you are able to place the label in the page header (or recreate it with a text box) and have it display correctly, you could then use the export option regarding showing page headers or not. Otherwise I think a parameter is necessary.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back