Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RE: Sub Reports with parameters 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

allyne

MIS
Feb 9, 2001
US
Hello,

I have several sub reports as links and use begin date and end date as parameters which links to the main report. The reports work fine. My question is that when I open the main report to enter the date parameters I get a list of all the sub-reports above the parameter as well as on the side of the parameter. I've attached a screenshot of what I'm seeing. Is there a way to get rid of this. It looks terrible.

Thanks much!

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=2e3b0ced-ba98-448a-8c8e-ea7be2713d67&file=Crystal_Parameter_questions.docx
Check your subreport links. Look in the drop down in the bottom left of the screening screen and make sure you are linking from {?Parameter} to {?Parameter} and not instead using {?pm-?Parameter}.

-LB

PS. You shouldn’t be embedding your parameters in a formula and then linking on the formula. Not sure why you’d do that.

-LB

Thanks so much! worked like a charm! I haven't really needed to use sub-reports as links so I just took the defaults. Looks so much better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back