Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RE: Strange Stored Procedure Behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

allyne

MIS
Feb 9, 2001
US
Hi Everyone,

I have a large stored procedure that uses calculated fields and Temp Tables then creates a table based off of the calculation. This has been working fine. Now,For some reason each time I execute it I'm receive different results when the results should be the same. I'm not receiving any error messages.

Any clues?

Thanks for your help! Oh, I'm using SQL 7.0

Hi Allyne,

I'm currently having the same problem you described. However, my SP is a SELECT statement. I tried using the same statement in a view. I still get different results every time I run it. I tried recompiling the SP. It did not work. Were you able to find a solution to this problem?

thanks.

Hello,

I have tried to recompile the SP but didn't solve the problem. Unfortunately, our office has closed down and I have now joined the team of unemployment. So I am no longer able to test my SP. Was hoping to figure this one out as it really has me stumped.

Thanks for all your help.

(PS Anyone no of a SQL job in the Seattle WA area?)

Without actual code, it would be hard to speculate as to the cause. I would run it in debug mode and check the values of the variables to see which one is changing, then try to understand what might be causing that. Not sure if SQL 7 has a debug mode, if not, just throw in select statements everywhere that you want to check a value.

Sorry about the unemployment. Try the recruiters in your area as well as the temp agencies and consulting firms in addition to job ads and asking people you know for leads. Good luck.

Thanks for your help and thanks for the job tips! Wish I had the code to try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back