Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

re-register a i2004 remotely on cs1000b 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvarela

MIS
Apr 7, 2010
US
I have an i2004 that is unregistered on a cs1000b. how can i register it remotely?

i think you would have to reset the Data port, RST cmds only work on registered sets.

Mato' Was'aka

BigIndian65 is right per usual. You also need to make sure it is plugged into an active port at your remote office :) Someone could have unplugged it or it could have been accidentally knocked out of the jack by the cleaning crew :D
I also suppose it could have lost power if you are using a power brick or PoE port. Best to have an onsite person investigate further unless you are sure that stuff is operational.
Good luck!

In some situations I have powered down the switch PoE port to remotely reboot a phone (or reboot all of the phones in a 1000B branch at one time by turning off PoE on an entire switch).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back