Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Re-publishing a report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 24, 2005
US
Anybody know if there is a way to re-publish a report and have it replace the report in CE of the same name and id without it just being added and renamed report(2) and given a new id, without having to delete it first? Thanks.

Sure, save it directly over the existing report from within Crystal Reports by selecting the Enterprise icon in the OPEN dialog (image in lower left).

You can also open reports directly from Enterprise this way.

Note that you'll have to do the Database tab again for the login password connectivity, but it will retain the historical instances and scheduling.

-k

ah, I tried that, but when it connects to the CE in question the report list is incomplete, it only goes down about the first 20 reports, and alas the one I need is further down...bug?

I've never seen that happen, sorry.

Are you sure there isn't a means to traverse the list that you're overlooking?

-k

It's weird, in the Open dialog, under Enterprise, after logging on to CE, I can see our report folder in the CE where we publish them, but the list only populates from the As to the Cs, maybe 10% of our reports, no other scroll bars or any way to traverse further that I can see. Oh well I'll just keep doing it the clunky method for now, but thanks.

Hi,
I've never seen that behavior either, but I am not sure I have any folders with > 20 reports, so..

Just to be clear, you ( from CR):
1:Open....Enterprise
2:Log in to CMS as user with 'full control' rights to all the reports in the desired folder

3: Expand the + on the side of the folder name

4: Only some of the reports are shown..

Correct?

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Ahhh, check the top or bottom of the page, you'll see the groups of letters for traversing to the next page of reports based on additional letters, such as ce - ga.

I guess it's the same way as eportfolio works.

I don't have CE set up here so I can't confirm, but I believe that you're overlooking something basic.

-k

I have the same issue with user folders. When attempting to view the Enterprise folders from Crystal Reports, I can only see the top 20 or so.

You could try temporarily renaming the report to get it to the top of the list, then saving over with Crystal Reports. Then just rename afterwards.

ah! if you right click on the folder there is a "next batch" selection. thanks for all your responses!

<nodding>

Now I remember, I knew that there was a way around it because I've had many more than 20 in a folder.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back