Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

re-post: Report - Edit Selection Formula - Group: formula disappears!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baggers2003

Programmer
Oct 15, 2003
GB
Hi,

This is a repost as my old post appears dead as it has some responses which din't solve my problem.

I have a database on our server which has a list of sales values for each product, each product belonging to a category. The top level of my Crystal Report (8.5) shows only the categories. Some of the categories have no value associated with them and the board don't want to see these entries on the report.

NOT IsNull(Sum ({D020FIG_LY.STERL01}, {CTPATMS.PTCATG}))OR
NOT IsNull(Sum ({D020FIG_TM.STERL01}, {CTPATMS.PTCATG})) OR
NOT IsNull(Sum ({D020FIG_TY.STERL01}, {CTPATMS.PTCATG})) OR
NOT IsNull(Sum ({D020FIG_LM_1.STERL01}, {CTPATMS.PTCATG}))

I tried to use the above formula in the Group selection formula, it was succesful in that it changed my data, but it also changed the totals at the bottom, meaning that it no longer balances with other reports I know are right, and is therefore not only removing blank rows, but also rows with value in too.

My problem is that when I go back into the groups selection area, my formula is no longer there, and so I can't delete it. I've spent alot of time on this report with running totals and loads of formatting, so I don't want to start again.

Has anyone got any suggestions I may find helpful with this problem?

Cheers,
Steve

hi

create a sub report with your second selection
and ther filter the data that is null to show only record that are not blank
then insert it in your main report and link it

cheers

pgtek

Thanks,

Not much of that means anything to me, but I'll get the manual out and have a go!

Cheers,
Steve

I have a question already. It is the categorised data that has values missing. If I create an "On-demand" sub-report for the details and omit values which are null, then will this solve my problem? Surely the categorised data, being based on the detailed data (not in the sub-report) will still have a value of 0. Or are you suggesting that my only option is to re-write the report from scratch?

Steve.

Omitting blank records. I'm using CR8.5 and have a report where I've supressed duplicate records in a subreport. The problem is that it will list a blank record where the duplicated record is.

Example: Before supressing if duplicate was checked, my output looked like this:

Locksets (No Competitor)
(No Competitor)
Cal-Royal
Cal-Royal
Trim Precision

After supressing if duplicate my output looked like this:
Locksets (No Competitor)

Cal-Royal

Trim Precision

How do I get rid of the blanks when I print?

Thanks so much for all your help
:-D

Sorry Baggers2003...I accidentally replied to you in error. I appologize for any inconvenience I gave you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back