Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Re: Possible Access "glitch" copying and pasting records

Status
Not open for further replies.

e7akerson

Technical User
Nov 17, 2000
US
I have been trying to optimize performance in my Access Database by building SQL pass thru queries to data mining on our SQL Server which is on a network. Since I am unable to do a "make table" SQL query I have been running a SQL select query and trying to paste the results into a blank table. No matter how many records I limit the query to (18000 down to 1850) some records wind up getting pasted into another table called "Paste Errors." There appears to be no discernable difference between the records which I can paste into the correct table and the records which get inserted into the "Paste Errors" table.

So is this some kinda bug or what?

Thanks
Eric Akerson

Hi Eric,

i'm suspect you may have some differences in the field data types ie the size of strings from the source data or the range of numeric values (often a problem when importing data from comma delimited &etc files). if this is the case try to resolve the different data types. also once you get the table definition correct and working you could try using a delete query to empty the work table then an append query to load data into the table from the SQL db ;-)

HTH

Robert Dwyer
rdwyer@orion-online.com.au

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back