Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

re-number layers from downloaded video CS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyzzzz

Technical User
Oct 13, 2004
US
Mornin all,

So, I downloaded a portion of this QT movie as layers into photoshop CS4, now let's say there are 200 frames, I want to add another 100 in different locations throughout the original 200. The original number sequence is now totally whacked but, when I try to play as frames only the original 200 play.

The (at least my) question of the day is how can I re-number the layers so that they all play as I resequenced them?

All the best

Gary

Hi

I have a question how do you import a video into Photoshop as layers? I didn't know you could do that!

Are you creating the new clips in Photoshop frame by frame?

I have done animations in Photoshop frame by frame that I exported to ImageReady to make into a video.

So maybe you could export the file to Image ready and create you animation there.

I use Premiere Elements to edit video, if you don't have is is pretty cheap to buy.
You could load the original clip and then bring in your new clips as separate files and insert them wherever you want.

It will let you manage the sound special effects etc. too.

Mike

After this you can change your handle to can-do! Just joking, Good morning Mike how are you mate? In CS4 one can import a video file (up to 500 frames or layers). What I do is make the file a Qtime then break it down into portion, then import it as layers and play with it.

And to answer my own question (above) I can't play it in P/S as frames but can export it as a QT vid and play it back then re-import to to P/S as layers if I have to make changes. The re-import corrects the numerical sequence to that of the new vid.

All the best Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back