Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RE: Micros 3700 Credit Card Processing

Status
Not open for further replies.

lachilles

Technical User
Jan 26, 2015
US
Hello,

I have a question having to do with processing credit cards. I have my Micros 3700 POS terminal setup to process my credit cards as well as a stand alone credit card machine as a backup in case I need it. However, my standalone credit card machine can also process EBT cards, where my Micros 3700 POS is not setup to process these cards which contain peoples food stamp benefits that the government gives them each month. My business is a seafood restaurant with a fresh seafood market onsite that both use the Micros 3700 POS for their cash registers.

So I am wondering if there is a way to setup the Micros 3700 POS to process these cards since they swipe just like a credit card and I receive a lot of them in my fresh seafood market or do I have to continue to use the standalone credit card terminal to process the EBT sales. My local Micros office said I would have to use the standalone credit card terminal to process those sales after they are rung into my Micros 3700 POS system. However, I am wondering if someone on here knows a way to program the POS system to process these cards since I use the same merchant services company First Data to process all my credit cards and EBT cards that I accept on both my Micros 3700 POS and the standalone credit card terminal. I use Merchant Link as my gateway between me and my merchant services company First Data.

I do not want to stop using First Data as my merchant services company, since they have partnered with the bank I use Bank of America and I get next business day credit card and EBT batch deposits. I know the credit cards work off of drivers so was hoping had an EBT driver for the Micros 3700 POS.

Thank you,

lachilles

I haven't worked with the Merchant Link driver, but you will probably need to add the Merchant Link Debit Card driver to your system. Micros might charge a fee for this, not sure as you are already a Merchant Link customer using the Credit Card driver.

My guess is you'd need the Debit Card driver, your EBT merchant ID information, a compatible PINpad, a Tender/Media linked to PIN/debit functionality, and the BIN numbers for the EBT cards programmed into that Tender/Media definition to get everything set up. First Data or Merchant Link would probably be good sources for next steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back