Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Re-linking images in multiple documents

Status
Not open for further replies.

heatherjshaffer

Technical User
Mar 10, 2006
US
I need to replace the logo file in about 788 files. It's the same .TIFF in every file and I need to replace it with a different logo. Is there a way to change the link to all the files without opening each one and changing it? Please God!

Heather

Heather - The only thing I can think of is saving the new logo with the same name in the same location as the old logo.

Maybe someone else has a better idea... kim

The only thing I can think of is saving the new logo with the same name in the same location as the old logo.

That should do it, provided they are linked and "update automatically" is checked - I'm pretty sure it is by default.

Make sure the new logo is same size as the old one.

Next time the PM publication is opened you should get a error message telling you the imported file has been updated.

LIVERPOOL FC - FA Cup Winners 2006.
Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

That didnt work. How do I set the default to update automatically for every form?

heather - under file | links manager you can click options and change it to update automatically but I think that will require going into each publication.

Sorry - I can't think of another way.

...kim

Yes, that it.

You can set "update automatically" as a global default, but it will be over-riden by pre-existing settings in publications created earlier.

LIVERPOOL FC - FA Cup Winners 2006.
Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back