Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Re: Lexmark P706 printing a 'test' page constantly

Status
Not open for further replies.

DartBoy

Technical User
Dec 9, 2002
GB
Hello. I have just purchased a Lexmark P706 printer which has worked fine. Now on switching on the printer even with my PC off, the printer prints what looks like a test page, but consists of an alpha-numeric grid of characters followed by two horizontal lines of three colours.This printing continues until all the paper is used in the sheet feeder, and with cartridges costing an arm and a leg this printer is going to cost me more than a Mercedes would ! Could this be a problem with the USB connection, or is there something which is stuck in a loop of self test ?

Simon Everitt, Lockwell Lectrics Ltd
System Administrator

Problem solved. You stupid boy ! I hadn't noticed the power button was stuck down slightly ! Still you learn something new everyday !!! Knowledge is a dangerous thing !!!

Simon Everitt, Lockwell Lectrics Ltd
System Administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back