Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RE : How to open executable files - AIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
hi ! <br><br>is there any command to open the executable scripts <br>for you info, I've a script call monitor and I want to open it but the system tell me an error.<br>

Hi there,<br><br>What do you mean by &quot;open&quot;? Do you mean you'd like to have a look at what's in the file using something like 'pg' or do you want to open() the file from a program you've written yourself. <p>Mike<br><a href=mailto:michael.j.lacey@ntlworld.com>michael.j.lacey@ntlworld.com</a><br><a href= Cargill's Corporate Web Site</a><br>

Additionally, you might not want to name your script after existing programs that may be on your machine.&nbsp;&nbsp;There is a program for AIX called &quot;monitor&quot; that runs much like &quot;top&quot;, if you have a script called &quot;monitor&quot; you may confuse the system. <p>Jon Zimmer<br><a href=mailto:b0rg@pcgeek.net>b0rg@pcgeek.net</a><br><a href= Aetea Information Technology</a><br>The software required `Windows 95 or better', so I installed Linux.<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back