Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RE: How to not allow SAVING of a file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

garymgordon

Programmer
Apr 5, 2000
US
Hi. I am simply trying to figure out how, with security priv. or something ... to be able to not allow a user to SAVE a .pdf document that I create.

I want to basically only allow them to view it on the screen.

I know how to take away the ability to change content of the .pdf, how to stop printing of the .pdf .. but how do I stop a user from being able to SAVE the .pdf to their computer, etc.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,
Gary

Gary M. Gordon, LLC
webmaster@garymgordon.com
Certified Web Developer ::
Application Programmer

Can't do it, I don't think. Anything published on the web is available for anyone to download, including PDFs. Of course, it sounds like you know how to prevent changing or extracting anything from the PDF BUT if someone downloads it, and they have access to Acrobat, then they can remove the security (unless a passowrd has been imposed). But of course, they cannot then re-upload it to where they got it from in a chnaged form. You can also watermark PDFs, if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back