Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Re-establish Relationships

Status
Not open for further replies.

indyhorses

Technical User
May 24, 2001
JP
Since I was having a dbase problem with the labeling function, I exported each table, query, macro, everything into a new database. The only problem is that the relationships don't show up, even if you add the tables to the relationship window. Everything functions as it should, there is just no visible relationship? Problem? IS there a way to copy the relationships of the old dbase and bring them over?

As far as I can tell, the relationships in the relationships window are only there as a default when creating queries. You can modify those relationships in the query window all you want. You can have no fixed relationships and define them manually every time you create a query. Once your query is designed, changes in the relationships window have no effect.

Therefore, since your queries all function, removing the relationships in the relationships window has no effect. You will notice when you go to create new queries that Access will either show no relationships or make a "best guess" that may or may not be correct. Jonathan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back