Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Re: Enormous Sulog files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
hai everybody!<br>for your info, Currently I'm using AIX ver 4.3 which runs in Risc/6000 machine.<br>I encounter this problem, my SULOG (/var/adm)file size is more than 100mb. As fas as I am concern basically the size of SULOG files is small whereby it consists only information on those who use the su command.In my case, only selected users can perform the su command.<br>When I check, SULOG file only contains the info. below.<br><br>SU 03/06 10.51 + TTY0 ROOT-TP04<br>SU 03/06 10.52 + TTY0 ROOT-HQ04<br>SU 03/06 10.53 + TTY0 ROOT-BK06<br>SU 03/06 10.53 + TTY0 ROOT-TIP08<br><br>The above is partial of the whole file. I detected that every users who commence login into the syatem, ROOT id will SU all the id concerned.Just imagine if 700 users operate the login session at the same time SULOG files increase<br><br>Please assist on this matter<br><br>Thanking you in advance<br><br><br>Regards,<br><br>LIROS<br>14/08/2000<br>

Liros,<br><br>You can keep the size of sulog down bu calling this script from cron:<br><FONT FACE=monospace><b><br>#!/usr/bin/ksh<br><br>cd /var/adm<br>mv sulog sulog.old<br>touch sulog<br></font></b><br>I don't know why every login is creating an sulog entry though, I'll have to check my system at work for that. <p>Mike<br><a href=mailto:michael.j.lacey@ntlworld.com>michael.j.lacey@ntlworld.com</a><br><a href= Cargill's Corporate Web Site</a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back