Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Re-Directing BACK to Company Website after Company Youtube Video Finishes - can it be done ? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

c0deM0nK424

Programmer
Oct 28, 2007
GB
The idea dawned on me, that upon the completion of a youtube video for one of the worlds BIGGEST 3D Printing Prosthetics Company ( yeah, somehow my dumbass has been contacted by this firm to make them a website lol- how ? no idea - but i have to make them one now lol) the user is IMMEDIATELY re-directed back seamlessly to the website page.

On all sites that ive been to, when the vid finishes thats it, you have to either replay it to watch it again - or if you want to go back to the companys website, you hit the 'back' button on the browser.

Hardly desirable tbh, not good for usability I would say. [lol]

What would experienced seasoned veteran web designers/developers say about using 3rd party Video plugins ?? the company will deal with using the best available backbone/hosting for their site and will pay for any 3rd party plugins etc i need which is a relief [lol]

So, any ideas folks ? Or am I to innovate something to achieve this (as always) ?

any tips/pointers in the right direction would be appreciated - and yeah, im still in shock that i've been assigned to make this firm's website heh

Use ActionScript in the final 'key' frame to set document.location using ExternalInterface.call

and > Forum250

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

I wouldn't have them ever leave the Company's site to begin with. You can display a YouTube video in a media window or iframe on one of their pages. The video is being served from YouTube, but they never actually "go" there. They stay on the Company's site. No dumb redirect games that may or may not work for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back