Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

re-direct mail to specific folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlmk

MIS
Feb 1, 2001
HK
Hi all,

I am the notes user in receiving e-mail. However I just cannot re-direct some specific mail to a particular folder. For example: I have a sub-folder named 'John'. How can I re-direct all the mail from 'john@abc.com' to that folder automatically?? Do I need to write a script?? It is easy if I use Outlook because it has an option in the menu bar. Please help. Thanks.

You can write an agent in R4.6 or a 'Rule' in R5. Both are very simple. Basically, you decide when it runs, ie, When new mail arrives, manually etc. You then decide what it runs on, ie contains/from/to certain people and then you decide what to do with it, ie move to folder, send mail message run script etc. They can be a bit tempemental so you'll have to stick with it. Look at some of the current agent which are in force and these will give you an idea on what to do.
Lamaar75@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back