Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RE: Date Parameter within the Command parameter list

Status
Not open for further replies.

allyne

MIS
Feb 9, 2001
US
Hello,

I am using SAP Crystal Reports Version 14.2.4.2410 (2017)

I have a query that is used in the the Database Expert Query Command and uses a Start_Date and End_Date for the parameters.
I also have a few other parameters that are not used within the query Command.

When I prompt for new parameter values the Start_Date and End_Date comes up in a separate panel from the other parameters. Once I enter the date values the Second Panel shows all the parameter values including the data parameters (Second panel is what I would like to see) How can I get the Start_Date and End_Date to show up only within the second panel. I would like to see all parameters within one panel.

Thanks much!

Never seen that before. I have used both Command Parameters and report parameters and only one prompt window is created.

Have you converted report from a stored proc to a command? When using an SP that creates a separate prompt window.
As a test save report with a new name. Remove all date parameters and run report (if dataset large hard code date range in command)

Hopefully that will clear everything then recreate date parameters in Command Dialog box.

Ian

Thanks for your quick response! I tried your suggestions but didn't work. I started to delete and re-create the parameters that are not within the command and found that one of the parameters seems to be the issue. This parameter is a cascading parameter. I've attached a copy in a word document. The parameter it's self works as expected but seems to cause the extra panel. I have not seen this before as well. Any suggestions?

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=67cd7f31-bca4-4be6-b683-1b65d2a5c1be&file=Cascading_Parameter.docx
Do not have Crystal avaialble and have only used cascading parameters a few times as they can get tricky.

If you remove the cascade and have two independent Dynamic Parameters does problem go away.

Not sure if this is a red herring but I noticed you do not have
1 Any prompt group text
2 You have not created a parameter for Parent Location

Sorry clutching a straws hopefully someone else can offer better advice
Ian

Hi Ian,

It looks like the problem occurs only when using a Dynamic Parameter. I tried all possible ways of creating this. If I create a static parameter the panel appears correctly. For this report I need to use the dynamic parameter since way have many locations/Depts etc. Any Ideas...if not anyone you can pass this on to?

Thanks much!

Hi Ian,

Light bulb moment!!!!! I figured it out! I had to create a second command Connection and added a query in this case the Parent Location and OR Location. I then joined the 2 command connections by these fields. Using the second command connection I was then able to create my dynamic parameter and all is happy. The only thing to remember is you can't use the fields from the second command connection within the report or it will create the second panel.

Thanks for your help and quick responses!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back