Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Re: Brother HL-5250DN question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobMCT

IS-IT--Management
Sep 11, 2000
US
Gents;

Does the drum unit control the duplex printing of this model? The reason I ask is I have been using one for several years and use duplex all the time. It finally became necessary to replace my drum and I purchased a "compatible" drum from Newegg manufactured by Rosewill and now I cannot get Duplex to work. Newegg states the drum shouldn't make a difference. But that's the only thing I changed.

Ideas? Thanks [ponder]

Nope, Drum units have no bearing on duplex, that is a product of the driver, and options selected before print. Something may have corrupted the driver, try uninstalling it, and reinstalling it, also I notice that you have a DN a duplex,network capable model. If you are connected through the network, uninstall the printer, and reinstall the printer.

Thanks, rclark250. That would have been my guess as well.
So, taking your advise, I completely removed the printer and drivers from my Win 7 HE desktop, visited Brother-usa and downloaded a complete set of the latest drivers/utilities.

Following reinstallation I went through the printing preferences and set the default t duplex printing. Then I printed a two page document making sure to review the properties prior to clicking "Print" to make sure the duplex was selected... it was.

OK - off to the printer it goes. Now, with two physical simplex printed pages later... I'm back where we started.

I'll keep looking but I've never seen this before and I've purchased/installed/utilized this model printer for many years in may locations.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back