Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RE: Assembly programme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Air1

Technical User
Oct 26, 2000
JM
Looking for a programme that allows a user to enter parts number, part description and unit prices on a terminal.The programme has to calculate the quantity and price, display the description and value for any part number input.

Are you interested in hiring someone to write this? Or are you looking for one that is already written? If you're looking for one that's already written, we need to know the architecture and system you're using.

I'm actually looking for a programme already written.
I'm using Win98 SE running Turbo Assembler 2.0.
The programme allows a user to enter a part number of up to 3Characters, part description of up tp 12 characters, Unit prices (XXX.XX) on a terminal. The program should use file handles to create a disk file containing these values. ASCII should be converted to Binary. The file should be able to
1) calculate the value (both Quantity and Price)

2) display description and value for a part number

3) Generate an error message if part number not found

OK, I was going to say, it wouldn't be too difficult to write, even easier in c++, does it have to be written in asm? Have you heard of one written, or just looking to see what you can find?

I'm looking to see what i can find. The programme doesn't have to be elaborate just satisfy the basic requirements i mentioned above. I know that it can be written in C++ but i really want to see how it works using ASM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back