Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Re : App not running

Status
Not open for further replies.

joekibz

Programmer
May 17, 2006
KE

Problem :
I got a dialog based MFC application with controls created .
I coded everything just the way i wanted .
I compile ... 0 errors
I build ........Build Successful

When i click (!) to run the app , nothing happens . No dialog no nothing, almost as if i didn't click the (!) button . Before coding the app was responding to (!) but after coding it is just not running .

What is the problem ?

This is just a general recommendation, but one I find works for me.

You should visually scan through your code from beginning to end. The code may be error free, but maybe somewhere in the programming flow maybe it is not going where you really want, or not handling data properly/as expected. Sometimes just following the code you may see something that stands out as wrong.

If your code is modular, try testing each part to see if it is providing the function you expect. Try using a messagebox to test for reaching a certain section, or for showing the value of a variable used for program decisions. There are other methods to accomplish this also, but I find the messagebox easy to implement.

HTH's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back