Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RDT issue and Save As window in Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffpoulsen

Technical User
Dec 9, 2002
US
I have a strange issue affecting a remote desktop connection. One of the office users connects to the office XP Pro computer through Remote Desktop from a remote machine running XP Home. The connection works well but there is one unique problem. When he opens Outlook there is a “Save As” window that appears wanting to save the highlighted email. But when this window is closed it re appears. This makes it impossible to use Outlook. However and here’s the strange part, he or I can connect from other computers running both XP Pro and Home without the issue. I have mirrored the RDT options and also tried several different changes to them as well. Nothing works. I’m stumped. Can anyone give me an idea of where to start to repair this problem? Thanks,

Problem Solved,

It is a new system and had only been used for a couple of days. The issue turned out to be a simple one. The keyboard was the cause of the problem. Changing it fixed the problem. This issue didn't show in any other applications local or remote. Should have thought of that earlier and saved a lot of time. Hope this helps somebody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back