Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RDS Connection Broker

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashleypoxon

IS-IT--Management
Jun 9, 2009
GB
Hi Guys,

Have a little problem with Server 2008R2 RDS. I have two 2008R2 server running RDS. I also have a 2008R2 server running RDS Connection Broker.

Initally I only had two RDS servers and no connection broker role installed, it all worked OK, but I wanted load balancing and other features with the connection broker. So I added another server. I have a farm and this is setup correctly from what I can see

This Connection Broker server only has Remote Gateway, Remote Connection Broker, Remote Session Host and Remote Licensing Manager installed.

Now, when I go to the web address to access the remoteApps and remote desktops I am getting a Server Error 404 - file or directory not found. I suspect this is because I do not have the Remote Desktop Web Access installed. But does this need to be? I cannot find any documentation that says the Web Access role is installed on the Connection Broker.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

You should have a RDS Web Access server in the environment. It can be on the connection broker, but doesn't have to be. I believe that in either case you need to go to the configuration page for the RDS Web Access server and where you can list the RDS Session Host servers put in the name of your RDS Connection Broker instead. Then when your users want to connect they go to the RDS Web Access server, log in, and it lists the applications that are published by the Session Hosts via the Connection Broker.

I'm pretty sure that's the way it's supposed to go, anyways.

MCTS:System Center Virtual Machine Manager
MCTS:Windows Server 2008 R2, Server Virtualization
MCSE:Security 2003
MCITP:Server Administrator
MCITP:Enterprise Administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back