Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RDP to TS gateway through company proxy using PAC file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 11, 2000
GB
Hi All

I'm having issues with connecting through our company proxy to a remote server that is hosted behind a TS gateway.
If I tick the proxy option in IE to point directly to the proxy appliance then launch the TS RDP connection it connects fine (via secure 443 traffic) and I can remote onto the server OK.
If I untick the proxy option and use a proxy.pac file instead to get to the proxy appliance then launch the TS RDP connection it tries to reach the remote server directly instead of reaching the gateway server first, which ultimately fails with error "This computer can't connect to the remote computer because the Terminal Services Gateway server address is unreachable or incorrect. Type a valid server address." - I don't see any traffic via the proxy appliance using this method.

As part of troubleshooting the pac file content has been removed to the point that the only detail it contains is to return straight to the proxy appliance, so there should be no issue with that.

This is getting personal now, so does anybody have any ideas that might help?

Cheers

Steve - Network Coordinating in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back