Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RDP Sound not working on WYSE S30 thin client

Status
Not open for further replies.

TravTrav

IS-IT--Management
Jun 4, 2002
US

I have a WYSE S30 client running Windows CE 5.0. Sound works fine on the local device, I can go to the volume control and I get the normal sounds raising and lowering the volume. However, whenever I RDP into a server, I get no sound redirection to the terminal. Sound is enabled on the terminal server, and the RDP session is set to bring sound to the terminal. On the terminal server, if I try to increase the volume in the control panel, as soon as I hit apply, the slider goes all the way back to the lowest setting. If I try to play an audio file in WMP it gives me an error message stating that there is soemthing wrong with my audio device. I am at a loss here...sound is working fine on this server with other models of WYSE clients....anyone have some experience working with these things?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back