Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RDP session taking long time to open HTML email format

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOriginalDogbyte

IS-IT--Management
Mar 23, 2007
US
would there be any reason that one of my remote users is having problems opening emails in OUTLOOK 2007 when they are in HTML format? this rdp session does not have internet access privledges, since they can use their own pc at home/office for that. we are running Exchange 2003. He is the only one out of about 60 people that is experiencing this problem. His main issue is that it takes him 5 min (he says) to open any emails in HTML format. I think they are emails with either attached pdf's or its embedded in the email. since the server is actually doing the email downloading, and not him, i cant see that this would be a server issue, unless he's found a way to botch some of his user settings somehow, but i have almost everything disabled so they wont do that. so basically all his internet connection is receiving from us, is pretty much like a video of a desktop session, and any data when he attempts a print job since we use thinprint. that would be it, i cant figure out why he's experiencing this lag. there is something im missing i guess, or else he's full of it. im going to catch him idle today and take over his remote session and test his claims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back