Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RDP Quick Close / Shortcut

Status
Not open for further replies.

trevorwilliams2

Programmer
Mar 3, 2003
US
Not sure if I am in the right forum for this..

Does anybody know if there is a key command, from in RDP, to minimize the active session and return to your local desktop?

I have to frequently move between local and remote sessions and this would help a great deal..

RDP, Remote Desktop, Terminal Services, Remote, Shortcuts

The way that I do it is to have the TS session in full screen mode and enable the connection bar (in the RDC properties, on the display tab it's the check box at the very bottom next to "display the connection tab when I use full screen).

Of course, if you don't have the session in full screen then you simply click on your local desktop.

There is a keyboard shortcut (CTRL+ALT+Break or CTRL+ALT+DEL - I can't remember which) as well.

Hope this helps.

Please help us help you. Read Tek-Tips posting polices before posting.

Canadian members check out Tek-Tips in Canada for socializing, networking, and anything non-technical.

I am using full screen and have the connection bar enabled. I am looking for a way, from within RDP, to hit a quick series of (windows) keys to minimize.

CTRL+ALT+BREAK switches the TS Client between a window and a full screen. Since the TS Client is now a window on your local desktop you should then be able to use ALT+TAB to cycle through your active local desktop windows and also to return to your TS session. Once back in your TS session you can use CTRL+ALT+BREAK to return your TS session to full screen.

Hope this helps.

Please help us help you. Read Tek-Tips posting polices before posting.

Canadian members check out Tek-Tips in Canada for socializing, networking, and anything non-technical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back