Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RDP Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

vippolt

Technical User
Aug 25, 2004
US
Has anyone had any problems with RDP in windows 2003? For some reason sometimes when i log in to RDP i get the login screen. when i log in it just gives a blue screen and never loads the desktop? I can't seem to log off, the only thing i can do is disconnect. this happends with all users. has anyone seen this problem?

I've not had this, but can you do a control-alt-end and get the Windows Security menu?

Is this remote admin mode or app mode? Are you logging in as an admin?

Yeah..i can't do ctrl alt end..it just hangs at a grey screen. Yes this is also the admin account. I even tried to physicaly log into the server but it had the same problem.

on the server, did you enabled the classes start menu mode ? if so the logoff option may be hidden, you have to check "show logoff" in the customize... property

how fast your server computer and the network connection, it can take up to a few minutes depending on the connection to show up to the desktop

one thing I couldn't do either is to use ctrl-alt-del in the remote desktop, it always invoke the ctrl-alt-del screen of my local workstation

XM

No i didn't, I can't get to my desktop when this happends. I can't right click anything..it just locks up.

xmario2004 said:
one thing I couldn't do either is to use ctrl-alt-del in the remote desktop, it always invoke the ctrl-alt-del screen of my local workstation

Use control-alt-end.

vippolt - are you using a romaing profile?

right..i meant ctl alt end.. no im not using romaing profile. I think it happends when more than 2 people are logged into the server. im not sure that it gives me the max connection error..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back