Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RDP connectivity Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokey7244521

IS-IT--Management
Nov 27, 2006
US
I have a site with 5 workstations that use RDP to connect to the Main Office Server via IPSec VPN. If I try to copy and paste a small file of 5MB from my local workstation to the server the RDP Session immediately disconnects - which stops the file copy then re-connects. At that point the file is not copied across the VPN to the RDP Server. I have tested RDP connection to the server by forwarding RDP traffic from the Router to the Server and can copy and paste files without issue.

The main site has a 200Mbps Fiber connection and the remote site with issues is connected to the internet with Spectrum Cable Internet 30Mbps down and 10 Mbps up.

There are a total of 4 remote locations of which 3 work fine. All remote locations have a Netgear FVS318Gv2 and the main site has Netgear FVS336Gv3. I have already tested a new FVS318Gv2 at the remote site with issues and still had the same issues. I have also tried lowering the MTU on both sides of the router to see if this made a difference - it did not. Replaced all Patch Cables with new. Using Ping 8.8.8.8 -f -l 1024 i do not have any fragmentation of the packet but when going across the VPN i did have packet fragmentation until i lowered the MTU.

Additional Issues are when using AutoMaster Website to allow customers to digitally view all paperwork related to their car deal something is causing a "hiccup" enough that they process has to be restarted again - and this process takes 53 minutes from beginning to end to complete.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back