Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RDP connection to computer behind proxy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vachaun22

Programmer
Oct 7, 2003
US
I have a machine that I would like to be able to access from my office in another office via RDP. The machine that I would like to be able to access is on a satellite connection and is behind a proxy, which I don't have control over.

The other network is connected via T-1 directly to internet, so there is no issue there.

Is there any way that I would be able to connect to the machine behind the proxy?

My initial thought was to set up a VPN connection from the machine behind the proxy to the other network, then determine the local IP assigned by the VPN server DHCP. After that, do a RDP connection and simply "take over" the current session.

My concern with this method is whether taking over that session will kill the VPN connection, in which case I'd lose the ability to RDP.

Any suggestions that could help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back