Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RDP Certification Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

newBie2019

Systems Engineer
Jun 26, 2020
NL
Hello Experts,

I wish to connect to Remote Server which is a Windows Server 2019 using RDP. It works but gives certificate warning error which you can ignore and proceed.
In order to solve this problem I ordered the official certificates. How do I load these onto the remote server.

Remote server is not in domain controller as it is single system. But while ordering the certificate I had to give FQDN for the server. Hence
I added domain suffix to the remote server to make it look like in the format remoteserver.ab.bc.cd
The domainname in command prompt shows proper domain name.
Now that I have the certificates, I followed this procedure to load the certificates,

On the Windows Server computer, click Start and type mmc.exe.
In the MMC window, go to File > Add/Remove Snap-in.
In the Add or Remove Snap-ins window, select Certificates and click Add.
In the Certificates snap-in window, select Computer account, click Next, select Local computer, and click Finish.
In the Add or Remove snap-in window, click OK.
I have added this certificate to Remote Desktop, Trusted Root Certification Authorities, and ofcourse Personal.
But when I try to connect using RDP to the server remoteserver.ab.bc.cd, I still get this certification warning error. I am no Windows Pro hence sorry if I do something stupid here.

Can you please guide me in correct direction.
Thanx in advance.

Regards
Admin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back