Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RDP and Trend Micro

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdam

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2005
CA
Hi all.

I am running terminal services on 2003 enterprise in application mode. I have 2 terminal servers with NLB and Session directory hosted on another server. I have about 20-30 users logging in throughout the day. Usually 15 - 20 concurrent users at any one time.

Here is my issue.

I have 1 client with 3 users inside there office that connect to me. They have 2000 and XP. Their environment is 2000 server SBS. No firewall, only NAT router. They are running Trend Micro AV from the server to the client machines.

They complain of difficulty connecting to my servers, connections dropping off, sessions freezing, black screen when minimizing the session window. Their IT service provider is insistant the issue is not in their environment but mine. None of my other clients have this kind of connection issues.

Any suggestions? Does Trend Micro include a Firewall service in the package (I don't know the version of Trend they are running, probably something a little older)?

Have you checked to make sure that fragmentation of packets is not causing the drops?

Fragmentation on the server side or in the client environment? How would I check for or monitor that?

Got an answer on the 2003 server forum. Thanks for all your help guys.

Check out thread779-1113522 re MTU packets.

jdam,

Your link loops back here, can we have the correct link please?

Thanks, it will help fellow visitors.

Thanks, looks like i pasted the wrong one here.

Thanks Blakey2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back