Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RDP and IIS Auth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedTech

MIS
Feb 13, 2002
US
Do these play a role in what I’m experiencing?

This is the weirdest thing. I have a w2k server running IIS 5 (thewebserver). When logged onto this server at console and navigating to the website for which it is hosting, authentication works fine. If any other computer on the network navigates to that site, again, works just fine.

Here comes the kicker. Now if I use Remote Desktop Client and login onto "thewebserver" and then launch IE, navigate to the site, the credentials aren’t passed. I get a prompt for user/pass/domain. If I enter the same information that I am logged into through RDP it works.

So the question basically is. Why aren’t my credentials passed to the website only when I'm RDP'd in?

TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back